About the Appeal
Shaaray Tefila is excited to launch its largest fundraiser, 2023/5784 Annual Appeal Stronger Together.
This is the most important campaign of the year because of the strong financial impact that the Annual Appeal will make in the year ahead. Your contribution enables us to continue to enhance our spiritual offerings, offer diverse programming and educational initiatives for all ages, allowing us to expand our reach, and nourish our community. Please join us in supporting our Stronger Together appeal.
By supporting our Annual Appeal you will:
- Enhance our community celebrations such as Rosh Hashanah 2nd Day Service, Chanukah community candle lighting, MLK Shabbat Service with the Harlem Gospel Choir, Purim Celebration, and enjoy gatherings with diverse speakers such as Hanan Harchol and , Social Club “Raise the Roof”, Men’s Engagement World Series party, Young Couples Group, book club, and more.
- Enable our Social Justice efforts by supporting our volunteers working towards a better and more equitable world through one-time initiatives such as our Day of Service, and ongoing Food Insecurity programs such as Backpack Buddies and Soup Kitchen, as well as postcard drives encouraging voting in marginalized communities.
- Provide transformational musical experiences through our adult and youth choirs, Artist in Residence Weekend with Michelle Citrin, and the Cantors’ Concert.
- Create a nurturing environment that builds a foundation of a love of Judaism and Jewish life for our youngest members in our Nursery School by welcoming these families as members, offering Tot Shabbat services, and fostering important connections for parents with babies and toddlers in our Parenting Program.
- Ensure opportunities for every school-age child to fully participate in Religious School by providing scholarships to those in need, to enhance our community amongst these families by attending Big Tent Shabbat, and furthering the teens’ connections through the Pathways program.
Meet our Annual Appeal Chair, Kyle Solomon
Over the past 20 years, there is no other place that has had as lasting of an impact on my family as Shaaray Tefila. We have celebrated our children’s B’nei Mitzvah and countless holidays together, shared special events like Latkapalooza and Sandwich Saturdays and generally molded our Jewish identity as a unit and as part of a community. When I gave serious thought on how to start “giving back”, Shaaray Tefila was top of the list both from a money and time perspective. It was a no brainer. As such, I have served in many leadership roles including recently finishing an 8-year term as a Board of Trustees member and current Chair of the Development Committee.
This year, I am proud to serve as Chair of the 2023/5784 Annual Appeal Stronger Together, because I have personally felt the positive impact of funding our “successful business” and the importance of generating dollars to further strengthen the future of the congregation. My family is stronger as a member of Shaaray Tefila.
Chair, Annual Appeal
High Holy Days 2023/5784 President’s Speech
If you attended High Holy Days services, specifically on Yom Kippur, you heard our President of the Board of Trustees, Seth Frank, highlight the importance of our members’ support and donations for our largest fundraiser, 2023/5784 Annual Appeal Stronger Together. Thank you to all of our members and guests who have already donated. Click below to donate today!
Ways to Give
Credit Card and E-Check accepted through the Member Portal.
Donate By Mail!
Please make checks payable to “Temple Shaaray Tefila” and mail to our PO Box address:
Temple Shaaray Tefila – NYC
PO Box 418
Montvale, NJ 07645
Stock Gifts & Wire Transfers!
Please click below to download the stock transfer instructions or wire transfer instructions. To inform us of your donation, please contact Lori Tompkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions or need assistance?
For information about giving stock gifts or if you have any questions, please contact Hallie Golden, Director of Development, at email@example.com.