Shaaray Tefila is excited to be a part of Every Voice, Every Vote – the Reform Movement’s Civic Engagement Campaign. This nonpartisan effort aims to strengthen our democracy by encouraging everyone to participate in the U.S. election process and ensuring that Reform Jewish values are represented in the public square.
I want to help! How can I participate?
Postcard writers on our Every Voice Every Vote Civic Engagement Campaign: We are ready to begin our next campaign to GOTV for early voting in the VIRGINIA PRIMARY ELECTION.
The entire Virginia State Legislature is up for reelection with newly-drawn districts after the last census. We will be focusing our get-out-the-vote efforts on State Senate districts SD13 and SD18. They are both majority-minority districts.
- We’re writing to registered Black women voters in Senate District 18 to alert them to this crucial primary.
- In this majority-minority district, 80% of BIPOC voters do not generally vote in primaries, leaving women underrepresented in the General Election.
- Primary voting promotes consistent voting habits and greatly increases the likelihood of voting in the fall. Our postcards inform voters of where and when to vote, and key issues at stake.
- The two SD18 primary candidates have shown distinctly different records, issues, and behaviors.
- Louise Lucas is the first Black and first female President Pro Tem of the VA State Senate
- If elected, she would also be the first Black and first female Chair of Finance and Appropriations inthe Comonwealth of Virginia, again, making history.
Postcards must be mailed between April 25 and June 5.
Once again, we will have packets of 30 postcards with addresses and labels available for pick-up. You can pick them up during Friday onegs on April 28, May 5, 12, & 19, or contact Carol Crossen to arrange a day and location. Questions? Please contact Carol Crossen or Jolie Schwab.
Other ways you can help:
Visit the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism (RAC) website for more ways to take action. Click HERE and then scroll down.
Any further questions?
Please contact Carol Crossen or Jolie Schwab, Shaaray Tefila’s Civic Engagement Team leaders.