We are excited to welcome you to Temple Shaaray Tefila!
About our Community
You can find us at the southwest corner of 79th Street and 2nd Ave in the heart of New York City’s Upper East Side. FUN FACT: Our building, which has served as our spiritual home since 1958, used to be a movie theater!
We’re a bit of a paradox – an intimate neighborhood shul with 1000 member families. We strive to provide opportunities for our congregants to actively seek meaning, connection, and purpose.
A proud member of the Reform Movement, we are a progressive Jewish congregation with a rich 170+ year history.
If you are interested in a tour, or would like to set up an appointment to speak with someone from membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nadia Etienne, Manager of Membership Administration, at 212-535-8008 ext. 222.
Our membership year runs from July 1 to June 30.
Those who are able, can express their generosity and commitment to Shaaray Tefila by joining at or increasing to Enhanced Membership levels. Enhanced Membership offers exclusive benefits including intimate opportunities to engage with clergy, reserved section seating during the High Holy Days, and other social gatherings.
If you have more questions, please contact Joe Tutt, Assistant Director of Development at 212-535-8008 ext. 202 or email@example.com.
As part of your membership, you receive tickets for High Holy Days services for all members listed on your account which includes children up to age 26. Additional Guest Tickets may be purchased separately.
We are proud to serve as a spiritual home for our members and strive to provide paths to meaning, connection, and purpose along your Jewish journey. Our community’s strength is derived from the individuals who comprise it, and we look forward to being strengthened by your presence.
- Access to clergy for pastoral care
- Attend High Holy Days member services
- Enroll your children in our Nursery School or K-12 Religious School
- Hold lifecycle events in our Sanctuary
- Rent synagogue spaces for a bris, baby naming, or other lifecycle milestones and moments
- Remember your loved ones by adding their names to the synagogue Yahrzeit list
- Study regularly with our clergy (twice-weekly torah study)
- Participate in members-only social and communal events
- Join committees that help connect and engage our community
- Receive synagogue publications and communications from our clergy
- Rent synagogue spaces for celebrations, meetings, and parties
- Participate in our community-wide Mitzvah Days
- Engage in acts of loving kindness, participating in one of our many direct service volunteer opportunities and extending care to members of our community in need
- Get involved in community organizing to further social justice in our community and in our world