Live Like A Local in Jerusalem: A Travel Volunteer Experience
Sunday, November 3-Saturday, November 16
Travel to Israel for a 13-day living, learning, and volunteer experience in Jerusalem.
Trip Dates: November 3-16, 2019
Organizer: Skilled Volunteers for Israel
Cost: $2,400 ($500 deposit required to register – full balance due by September 3)
Deposit can be paid by check made out to Skilled Volunteers for Israel or paid by credit card through online invoice with a 3% processing fee added for credit card payments.
Questions? Contact Marla Gamoran via email at email@example.com.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- 8:00am: Breakfast in your apartment
- 9:00am: Hop on public transit to head to your volunteer assignment
- 9:30am-1:30pm: Volunteering in a school or community setting organized by Skilled Volunteers for Israel (ex: English tutoring in Israeli schools, helping in community-based social service agencies)
- Afternoons/Evenings: Explore Jerusalem on your own
- Weekly: 2 lectures or outings off the tourist path per week organized by Skilled Volunteers for Israel
- Shabbat: Explore suggested local synagogues, rest, and enjoy life in Jerusalem
- housing – rented apartments in Jerusalem
- transport to/from airport on group arrival and departure days
- 2 outings or cultural events/week
- volunteer assignment
- bus pass
- criminal background screening
- local Israeli mobile phone sim card, orientation
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- most meals
- airport transport if arriving or departing on dates other than trip arrival and departure days (November 3 and November 16)
- personal outings, excursions, and tours
TRIP CANCELLATION POLICY
- We strongly advise you to purchase trip cancellation insurance for this trip in the event that you need to cancel your trip. Your trip deposit is refundable until July 30, 2019.
- If you cancel your participation at any time after July 30, 2019 up to 60 days before your departure for Israel, you will lose your deposit ($500).
- If you cancel your contract after September 3, 2019, 60% of the total cost of your program fee will be refunded ($1,440).
Tuesday, August 6 @10:00am-12:00pm|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 10:00am
One event on Monday, June 17, 2019 at 10:00am
One event on Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 10:00am
One event on Monday, July 22, 2019 at 10:00am
One event on Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 10:00am