Shalom! Thank you for your interest in Shaaray Tefila . . .
At Shaaray Tefila, we view ourselves as a traditionally oriented synagogue of Reform Judaism. We love and honor Jewish tradition and hope that any Jew, from whatever background, will feel at home with us.
At Shaaray Tefila, you will find . . .
- Shabbat and holiday services and celebrations, including weekly Erev Shabbat and Shabbat morning congregational services; Tot Shabbat services; and Family Shabbat Morning services
- Special interest groups and activities, such as Chevrah (for families with school-aged children); Single Boomers; SAGE (Seniors Against Growing Elderly!) for our active senior members; JPEG (members with young children); and even an intergenerational men's cooking brigade (aka "The Latke Guys")
- A wide array of Adult Education opportunities that include Torah study, guest lecturers, an Israeli summer film series, a monthly women’s study group, and more
- A commitment to Social Justice and the opportunity to participate in social action programs and activities that include our weekly Soup Kitchen, Sandwich Saturday, Sanctuary Stitchers, twice-yearly Mitzvah Sundays, food and blood drives, a social action film series and various guest speaker programs
- Religious School for children grades K-12 – including study leading to Bar/Bat Mitzvah and Pathways - a new model for post B'nai Mitzvah engagement (ask about MASA, our innovative, family-centered program that serves as an alternative to the Religious School and satisfies all requirements)
- The Nursery School at Shaaray Tefila for children ages 2½ through 5 and Parenting Program for parents and children 0 to 36 months old
- Strong Youth Activities and Informal Education programs for students from Grades 1-12, including Junior and Senior Youth Groups, our popular “Rosh Chodesh: It’s a Girl Thing!”, the Shaaray School of Rock
We know that the decision to join a synagogue is based on a variety of factors. Most important, however, is the sense that it feels right and that it’s a place – a community – in which you can see yourself participating. Shaaray Tefila has earned a reputation as a warm and inviting congregation. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you into our Temple family.
Our Executive Director, Amy Schwach, (212) 535-8008, can answer any questions you may have. Of course, you are always welcome at our Erev Shabbat or Shabbat morning services each week! Please see our calendar for exact times.
For information regarding Enhanced Membership,
contact our Development Office
(212) 535-2147 or [email protected]